Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Ruamoko rages.

What is it about?
The story Ruamoko rages is about the volcanoes that are extinct, active and dormant.  It tells us what dormant, extinct and active means and show where and what the earths body is about, as in the earths body I mean crust, core and mantle.  Also it show where the tectonic plates are and it looks like New Zealand is right in the middle of it.  That's why New Zealand has earthquakes a lot.  The  outer core is liquid and the inner core is solid.  Below the crust is a much thicker layer called mantle, the deeper you go into the mantle, the hotter things get.  Earth is a lumpy, bumpy crust.  It's made out of large slabs of solid rocks.   

What I learnt?
I learnt that Ruamoko is the youngest son of Ranginui and Papatuanuku.  Ruamoko lives right in the belly of Papatuanuku.  Also I learnt that when he is angry a eruption happens but when he's calm the earth is quiter and also calmer.  

What are my thoughts?
I thought this was some great information about our topic, and it tells us a little bit of information about the earth's body. 

Do I have any questions?
When volcanoes are extinct do they still have any lava left in the volocano?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.